As technology rapidly evolves, our methods of gathering and deciphering information must always stay steps ahead. Signals Intelligence Analysts work at the forefront of this endeavor, extracting and analyzing foreign communication and activity through electromagnetic emissions. They report their findings to appropriate commanders to promptly combat unusual activity and critical situations.
- Operate equipment and computer systems to exploit signal intelligence
- Manipulate and extract intelligence data from electromagnetic emissions
- Use classified reference materials to interpret and analyze signals
- Update national databases with findings
- Exploit signals to support electronic warfare (EW) and information technology operations
- Use graphic and electronic analyses to distinguish communications structures, extract intelligence and determine usage
- Produce tactical, strategic and combat intelligence reports
- High school diploma, GED or GED with 15 college credits
- ASVAB requirements: general minimum score of 72
- Completion of the Electronic Signals Intelligence course
- No record or history of temporomandibular joint pain or disorder
- Successful completion of a polygraph test
- Successful completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
Training & Education
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Guardian in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
Status Upon Completion
Enlisted Guardians will earn credits toward an Intelligence Studies and Technology associate’s degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
weeks of Basic Military Training
months at Goodfellow AFB, TX, followed by Space Warfighter ISR Formal Training at Peterson SFB, CO