Clear vision is crucial—on land or in space. Our Targeting Analysts manage, supervise and develop targeting intelligence to analyze targets and defend against potential threats. They also build, plan and evaluate targeting solutions to achieve commander objectives and meet precise strike recommendations and battle damage assessments.
- Support, vet and validate target development and system analysis
- Conduct target-list management and priorities
- Support multi-domain mission planning
- Utilize targeting intelligence to analyze potential targets
- Conduct threat vulnerability assessments
- Assess interdependencies, vulnerabilities and infrastructure dependencies
- Develop products and database information
- Perform Battle Damage Assessment (BDA) and Munitions Effectiveness Assessment (MEA)
- Reattack recommendations
- High school diploma, GED or GED with 15 college credits
- ASVAB requirements: general minimum score of 64
- Knowledge of basic imagery interpretation principles, techniques and procedures for imagery exploitation
- Completion of Targeting Analyst Course
- Knowledge of the use of geospatial data
- Normal color vision
- Meet required depth perception standards
- Successful completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
Training & Education
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Guardian in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
Status Upon Completion
Enlisted Guardians will earn credits toward an Intelligence Studies and Technology associate’s degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
weeks of Basic Military Training
months months at Goodfellow AFB, TX, followed by Space Warfighter ISR Formal Training at Peterson SFB, CO.