Operating the largest space program in the world takes the combined efforts and skills of thousands of Guardians. It’s the responsibility of a Space Systems Operations specialist to do everything from detecting sea-launched ballistic missiles and tracking satellites to assisting in rocket launches and space flight operations. These highly trained experts must be able to stay calm under pressure and utilize an incredible amount of skill to effectively perform the multiple tasks vital to Space Force missions.
- Detect, identify and maintain orbital parameters on Earth satellite vehicles
- Operate defensive and offensive space control systems
- Detect and track missile launches
- Perform launch and on-orbit operations for military satellites
- Perform range operations in support of ballistic missile and space launches
- Ensure operational effectiveness and suitability of space capabilities through operational testing and evaluation
- High school diploma, GED or GED with 15 college credits
- ASVAB requirements: electronics minimum score of 60
- Pass color vision requirements
- Completion of a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Checks and Credit Check
- Successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
Training & Education
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Guardian in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
Status Upon Completion
Enlisted Guardians will earn credits toward an Intelligence Studies and Technology associate’s degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
weeks of Basic Military Training
days at Vandenberg SFB, CA, for Enlisted Undergraduate Space Training