In order for us to complete our missions, our technology simply cannot fail. Covering a wide range of specialties ranging from astronautical and computer systems to flight test and mechanical, Human Factors Engineer/Human Systems Integration provide advanced skills and knowledge of their particular specialties. Responsible for everything from the planning to implementation of their projects, these experts are essential to the success of operations all over the world.
- Plan, organize and implement systems engineering processes
- Conduct design studies and manage studies contracted to industries
- Coordinate engineering and technical management activities
- Continuously analyze technical policies and procedures, products, and services to improve customer support
- Identify and incorporate new technologies and subsystems
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering related to one of the following specialties: aerospace, aeronautical, astronautical, computer, electrical, electronics, communication or mechanical
- Completion of the Defense Acquisition University
- Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management course or Acquisition Fundamentals course
- Completion of the Air Force Flight Test Engineer course or comparable
- Minimum of 24 months of experience in qualified position or a master’s degree in a specified discipline and 12 months’ experience or a Doctor of Philosophy degree in a specified discipline
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (USAFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 42
Training & Education
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Space Force path is here.
weeks of Officer Training